Jummah also known as Good Friday is the day when every Muslim, every Friday utilize offering special Jummah prayer held at noon. It is mentioned in the Qur’an as:
“O you who believe! When the call is made for prayer on Friday, then hasten to the remembrance of Allah and leave off trading; that is better for you, if you know. And when the prayer is ended, then disperse in the land and seek of Allah’s bounty, and remember Allah much, that ye may be successful.” (Qur’an 62: 9-10)
Read more about 2017 Good friday
Good Friday 2017 Significance and Background
According to Ibn-e-Kathir, Good Friday is called Jummah as it is derived from the word Al-jam which means ‘gathering’. Every Friday Muslims gather in the place of worship at noon. Throughout history of Islam many things happened on Friday which made Friday special prayer day for Muslims.
- Friday was the sixth day when Allah finished the creation when Allah created Heaven and Earth.
- Allah created Adam on Friday and placed him in Heaven
- Adam was taken out of paradise on Friday.
- The last hour will commence on a Friday.
- A specific hour in Friday is so blessed that Allah gives whatever his believers wish for.
Allah chose Friday for his creation because on this day He finished creating his creation. While Jews chose Saturday to praise Allah and Christians chose Sunday.
10 Important Things to do on every Good Friday 2017
- Send blessings to our Prophet PBUH.
- Seek forgiveness.
- Cut your nails.
- Make a lot of du’aa.
- Recite surah Al Kahf.
- Take a shower.
- Do as many good deeds as possible.
- Ask for forgiveness.
- Put on good clothes.
- Pray Jummah prayer.
Send Best Good Friday Quotes for Muslims to friends and family through the content available below.